Header

Header

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sharing My Data - Prepare your bike for winter riding.

It may not be Winter yet, but the cold and nasty weather has arrived early. You've likely had to pull out all of your deep winter clothing already. As you fuss with how to dress yourself for the endless weather variations, consider dressing your bike for winter riding too.

As cyclocross season has just ended in our area, my CX bike went through its typical winter conversion. The fender are back on. Wet roads, snow melt, salty and dirty road spray is contained by my favorite Planet Bike full fenders. They keep me clean and dry while helping to keep the bike clean too.


I reserve two sets of wheels for the winter. One set with wider and more durable road tires. Another wheelset with CX tires for more versatility. Within minutes, I am ready to ride on paved or gravel roads and towpaths. Cyclocross bikes are great for their versatility. I often say that if I were forced to own just one bike, it would likely be a cyclocross bike.


We may notice the extra weight and sluggish feel of the bike. It is winter. We are just riding or training. It is important to maintain our ability to ride and train although mother nature is not cooperating. Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like some additional tips or guidance to make your bike more hearty this winter.

Thanks for reading.


















1 comment: